Sunday, August 30, 2009

Come Monday 8/30/09

It seems like it has been forever since I have been able to sit down and really just write. The man, James Buffett, said in an interview that he was told to write a page everyday. I really wish I had the time to sit and do that. Even better would be the time to sit under the stars and navigate my way through the waters. But with the weekend winding down and the week just beginning, I thought it would be appropriate to address my hero's biggest hit prior to 5 o'clock somewhere.

Headin' up to San Francisco for the Labor Day weekend show, I've got my hush-puppies on,I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll. And honey I didn't know that I'd be missin' you so. Come Monday It'll be all right, Come Monday I'll be holding you tight.I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze and I just want you back by my side. Yes it's been quite a summer,rent-a-cars and west bound trains. And now you're off on vacation, somethin' you tried to explain. And darlin' I love you so that's the reason I just let you go. I can't help it honey,you're that much a part of me now. Remember the night in Montana whenwe said there'd be no room for doubt.
I hope you're enjoyin' the scen'ry,I know that it's pretty up there.We can go hikin on Tuesday,with you I'd walk anywhere. California has worn me quite thin, I just can't wait to see you again.

That's right, with Labor Day right around the corner, the time for end of summer activities. In my home state, the port of call is saying good bye to summer with the waving off of the last ferry from the island. This pirate would love to captain his vessel through the keys once more. However, with the season coming to an end, I find myself stuck in port. One leg in the water and one on shore.

When the speaker of the song realizes what he is missing by being gone, it makes returning to his home port so much more enjoyable. It gives him something to look forward to. Having been on this trip for so long, I am so ready to have that feeling. Although the feeling I have now is more of getting away from the real world. The real world haze can make a man's mind cloudy. And the idea of being where that doesn't happen is enticing, regardless of the consequences.

The idea of Monday being good though is a tough pill to swallow. However, with Monday comes a new start. A chance to recapture what the past has taken away. The opportunity to make the most of the next long period before the weekend. So with Monday quickly approaching, we must make the most of our time in port and put our beliefs in the notion that come Monday, it, what ever it may be, will be alright.

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly......Mondays are always a new beginning. Weekends waste away so fast.......Luckily for us living here in Florida, we can enjoy the beauty around us year round......must prioritize to do this, and that's just what I plan to do.

    ReplyDelete