Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Anything, anytime, anywhere 8/5/2009

This song has never meant more to me than it does now. It isn't a very long song, but so poignantly written. Three simple words that mean so much. Anything, Anytime, Anywhere. It's amazing how even the most ruthless cutthroat felt this same passion whether for treasure, adventure or even romance. Calico Jack Rackham and Anne Bonny shared this passion, I would like to think, as the stole off into the night, Bonny avoiding a severe flogging, to keep their romance alive. In any romance, at some point, one of the people involved has uttered the phrase "I would do anything, for you".....

Tomorrow may come It usually does Don’t know what it brings To the two of us I just want you to know What I’m ready to do
Anything, anytime, anywhere, for you
When I’m holding you tight You give me the power To burn like a torch In the darkest hour Tell me what you need I will surely come through Anything, anytime, anywhere for you
Passion runs deep It’s scary sometime When it’s larger than life For your piece of mind It’s got me all insane I’m not sorry that’s true Anything, anytime, anywhere for you Anything, anytime, anywhere for you Anything, anytime, anywhere for you.


My walk through the waves today yielded many thoughts, mostly about her, the prize.. Where she is what she is doing? You know, the standard. But as I set forth on this journey to the find my buried treasure, I realize that the seas will not be smooth, the road is not going to be paved with gold. Although this song, basically sums up how I feel about her. I feel like there is that lure. This song speaks to those desires that guided the likes of William Kidd and Edward Teach. Focused on who or what is important. Determined.

My favorite line in this song is the last verse. "Passion runs deep. It's scary sometimes when it's larger than life for your piece of mind. It's got me all insane, I'm not sorry that's true." Like the passion all those buccaneers before me held for the ocean, I feel that way too. Amazing how when eyes are set on the target, clarity is skewed. That even though those eyes staring back at you are putting out that same passionate feeling you experience in the depths of your heart, deep down those eyes can bring passionate devastation. Just as the waves crashing against the shore line bring peace of mind, in the depths of her soul, mother ocean can cause so much devastation and pain.

I am brought back into my favorite song, "A Pirate Looks At 40." In her belly she holds the treasures few have ever seen. Most of them dreams." She does, in fact, hold the treasure, my treasure. That very same treasure that I dream about. The very essence of which drives my determination to discover no matter how rough the waters. Do you as the captain, responsible for the safety of your vessel, your crew, sail into the storm? Determined to seek out that elusive X on a piece of parchment. Or rather find safety in the closest port to wait out the storm, knowing each minute that passes puts you further from your goal.

As the sea seems rough now, I must believe the waters will smooth out. For Tomorrow will come. I don't know what it brings, but I will keep hope alive. Hope that it is one day closer to the treasure that has such a strong hold of me. I will pursue and keep in mind, no matter how crazy it sounds, Anything, anytime, anywhere for you.

Today's bounty: 15 shells, 1 shark. (a small hammerhead that was tossed back)
Booty to date: 42 shells, 1 Shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment