Monday, August 24, 2009

Island Fever 8/24/09

It has only been one day in port and already I think I have a case of island fever. It didn't take long for it to set in and the only cure I know is to get away to some tropical locale where my bartender has been kissed by the sun and the smell of coconut is so alluring that you can't tell if it's her or the rum.

I think I've got a touch of island fever I do believe I feel a bit sauteed This morning I was just some nonbeliever Tonight I feel I've joing a wild crusade I never thought of life as being breezy I never thought of time as time to play I never thought that I could take it easy But all those feelings changed for me today Layers and layers of spices and flavors Are finding their way to my brain Layers and layers of costumes and players That make my whole life look insane Palm trees and views I can't believe Why would I ever want to leave? I think I'll take my shoes off and go walking Down beside the Caribbean Sea. I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking I think I hear a hammock calling me. Layers and layers of spices and flavors Could this be some kind of charade? Layers and layers of costumes and players I think I will join the parade Layers and layers of spices and flavors Could this be some kind of charade? Layers and layers of costumes and players I think I will join the parade I think I've got a touch of island fever

I am sure that is part of the reason why I have never travelled to the islands. I would wind up becoming a resident. My first day in port and already I am counting down the days until I can once again be out on the seas looking for adventure.

When I am marooned, I have always found peace in the lyrics that I might be under the influence of some fever. The fever that calls out to you wanting you to change your lattitude. I feel like Norman Paperman and when the real world gets too much to bear, I will go walking down the beach, after having kicked my shoes of. There is a hammock ever calling me home. Charade no. Just a pure sickness to be part of the islands. It's only contagious if you allow it to be But still there is that feeling that calls me and people like me to the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment