Monday, August 10, 2009

Survive 8/10/09

Survive 8/10/09
Well the first day of my second favorite season didn't allow me to make it to the beach, but I was able to clearly think about which song I wanted to write about today. The song Survive may not be the feel good song that you look for when you think of Jimmy. However, the song does speak to the essence of life.

I play the stereo loud When I'm away from the maddening crowd Smokin', jokin' Clowns we all are Sometimes, kinda get real ill When I receive my monthly telephone bill But you say it, and I'll pay it 'Cause it just helps me to Survive (survive), stay alive 'Til I see you again Survive, stay alive Can't say where it ends Clouds lift and there're mountains below Been awhile since I've seen any snow It's chillin', so thrillin', so good to be back Feels nice, to be home for awhile Let's sip champagne till we break into smiles We'll go dancin', romancin' 'Cause you're the reason I Survived (survived), stayed alive Through the thick and the thin Survive, stay alive Where will it all end But my bags ain't unpacked 'Cause I've got to go back and play But I know we'll both Survive (survive), stay alive Through the thick and the thin Survive, stay alive Until it all ends Oh we'll, survive (survive), stay alive When will it all end Survive, stay alive Till I see you again

I play my stereo loud, when I am away from the maddening crowd. Music has been a major part of my life since birth. Music has always had a way of making me reflect. It is an escape when I can't get to the shores of the Atlantic.

Survival. We have all had times in our lives when we think that life has beaten us down and all we have no chance at survival. But there is something, something that gives us hope to continue. To simply stay alive and move on. We may be separated from someone or something very special to us, but through the thick and the thin we get by.

On our individual journeys, we may encounter times where we feel alone, marooned on life's depression island. Here we have to make a choice. Do we fold up the map, give up on the search? Or do we fight. Fight through the feelings of depression, or allow them to consume us, ultimately bringing us to ruins. Survival. What will you do until you are reunited with the treasure you seek?

1 comment:

  1. The only answer is to fight!.....turn that map around....look at it in a different light....change your perspective. It's healthy to grieve...and even healthier to move on. I have been in your shoes so many times. And although you will get through this rough time, there is no guarantee that it won't happen again. That is why we MUST take care of ourselves first.....so that we can continue to SURVIVE.

    Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete