Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The seas are calling me back and the itch of being on them is driving me insane. Being locked on land and not able to pick up and go to the water is not what I want. So this song came to mind.

I see a white sail skipping cross a blue bay and I say Someday I Will I see a young man strumming on a green guitar and I say Someday I Will I don’t have a plan It’s not that kind of thing I’m not Martin Luther King I don’t have a dream It’s just sometimes I know That’s the way I’m supposed to go I see a flying boat and I get a lump in my throat and I say Someday I Will Someday So whatever thrills you Anything you love to do Just say someday I will Don’t need to know whoMay help you make it come true Just say someday I will Don’t have to work it all out Don’t have to tear it all apart All you need’s a place to start And if it never worked before Try it just once more That’s what your heart if for
Whether it’s big or small If you have a passion at all Just say, someday I will Someday Someday I will Someday.


Taking a break from all the worries sure would help a lot. I see that boat sailing towards the sunset and say someday I will. My dreams may not be like Dr. Martin Luther King's.

Big or small, we all have a passion. Something that drives our dreams, giving us something to look forward too. Mary Read and Anne Bonny both had dreams of escaping the reality of their lives. When they joined the crew of Calico Jack, they were able to do just that. Live their dreams, free.

Now we all just can't run off and live our dreams, unless of course I have those lucky six numbers tonight. But I do think that dreaming is a big part of our lives. Dreams allow us to think about what will be or what could be somewhere down the road. It feeds our passion. It allows us to open that treasure map one more time and set sail. We all dream of finding that treasure. It is with the ability to dream about that day that allows us to set sail, to fight, to pursue it through the most difficult of times.

A lot of us don't know what the plan is or even how to get to the treasure. Our maps do not list specific directions. But if we dream about it, if we believe in our dreams even when no one else does, we will be shown the way. Our passion of finding our own treasure chest will serve as our guiding light. A beacon of hope to bring us safely through the shallows and the rocks. Allowing us to one day, obtain what we want so badly.

Dreams are an important part of our journey and it is important for us to believe in them. My dreams may seem to grand for some but they keep me afloat when the waves of life sweep over me and force me down. It's those times when it is important to say Someday I will.

1 comment:

  1. i am a dreamer too.....always have been! ...it provides hope.

    ReplyDelete