Monday, August 17, 2009

I Love the Now 8/17/09

Tomorrow's Right around the corner. There is nothing like the now. And leave it to the end of my favorite season to bring that to the for front.

It's the reason for livin' But that's what I'm givin' I don't need a history lesson To tell me why I mean I'm in no hurry To hustle and scurry There's so much to see And life ain't gonna pass me by Tomorrow's right around the corner I'll get there somehow But I'm stuck in the meantime And I love the now I love the now (all the faces and places) I love the now (all the rats and the races) It's the only place I've ever been It's the only way that I know how Don't talk about your superstitions Don't talk about your cats meow But don't talk about tomorrow tonight I love the now It's true we've got problems How do we solve 'em Better break out your thinkin' cap And your old dunce cone Searchin' for answers like interpretive dancers She asks me for reasons Then tells me to wait for the tone The whole damn world's gone crazy The moon is jumpin' over the cow How can you help but Not love the now I love the now (all the ranting and raving) I love the now (all the cussin' and craving) It's the only mess I've ever seen It's the only place where I know how Don't talk about your futuristic Don't talk about your "thee's" and "thou's" Don't talk about tomorrow tonight I love the now (horn and harp instrumental) Sittin' on 'G' Waitin' on 'O' I'm exactly where I want to go I love the now (all the pain and the pleasure) I love the now (all the blood and the treasure) It's the only circus that I know It's the only ring where I'm allowed Talk about a standing ovation Everybody take a bow But don't talk about tomorrow tonight I love the now But don't talk about tomorrow tonight I love the now No don't talk about tomorrow tonight I love the now

For the past several years, I have noticed a theme developing to the summer. Maybe it's because I am on a daily vacation. Or maybe it's the slow pace of living. But for some reason, the summer's fill up with more drama than should be allowed. Summer is a relaxing time. It has been since I can remember, sitting at the table listening to my parents and grandparents talk about teaching, school and all the aspects that went with it and saying, "my brain's on vacation, no more talk about school." Even at a young age, before I even knew who Jimmy Buffett was, or had even seen a wave from the ocean, I knew where my heart was.

I love the now. No talk about about tomorrow, no talk about the past. As much as I try to get out of the past, the now is not a place I have lived in very often. I always have found living in the past hurts to much. And living in the future only brings with it disappointment when what you hope happens doesn't.

Although my map has had a great deal of history, it is still amazing that no matter how much you try to live by the motto carpe diem that the past you can't leave behind. It is time to start living for the now. Doing things when and how you want too. Amazing how I really don't remember much of last summer or this summer, nor do I want too. It's time we start living so life doesn't pass us by. Time to live for the NOW.

1 comment:

  1. I continue to heal as I read your blogs. Thank you for continuing to be my friend.....

    ReplyDelete