Saturday, August 15, 2009

I still miss someone 8/14/09

Greetings from the Captain's Quarters on the second day of afternoon torrential downpours. As time continues on and ports of call are put further behind us, I am reminded of a song, that Jimmy covered after the death of a legend.

At my door the leaves are falling A cold wild wind has come Sweethearts walk by together And I still miss someone I go out on a partyAnd look for a little fun But I find a darkened corner because I still miss someone Oh, no I never got over those blues eyes I see them every where I miss those arms that held me When all the love was there I wonder if she's sorry For leavin' what we'd begun There's someone for me somewhere There's someone for me somewhere And I still miss someone And I still miss someone

The passing of time has a great deal of strength in healing matters of the heart. And it is important that we allow that time to pass. There is no set amount of time per say before moving on, it's an instinct that you know your time in port has come to an end and it is time for you to be moving on.

When your treasure is lost, it doesn't matter how much fun everyone is having you still miss it. I have never been one to mope about openly, I try to have as much fun as possible. But as much fun as I appear to be having on the outside, I know on the inside I am in that darkened corner.

We don't forget the little things about our treasure, how it feels in our grip, how it smells, how it sounds, how it looks when the sunlight hits it just so. The longer you are away from it, the more time steals.

Seeing people on the shore, walking together, makes me miss the treasure that is lost. And that last line in the song, I wonder if she's sorry for leaving what we'd begun comes to the front of my thoughts. Wondering if there will be someone in the next port who will take her place or if the map will lead me back.

I know there is a treasure out there for me somewhere and it's that missing it that drives me to be reunited with it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Marty.....we have more in common than you think. Your words grip my heart....I too sat at the beach many a times this summer.....crying and just hating to watch everyone around me. But time has healed my pain.......and I can now enjoy sitting there and taking in the beauty around me....

    Glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete