Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Off to see the lizard 9/01/09

As much as you try to remain positive, there is karma to make sure something will pop up and make you realize that it's there and that you shouldn't be too happy. Running my ship a ground this morning on a bed of coral, I had Karma kick me once again. Trying, unsuccessfully, to make me fall off the plank, Karma the mistress of the sea has failed.

I was raised by a maid who came from Martinique She wore geckos round her neck and bracelets on her feet A superstitious woman from the land of sugar cane She’d sing the sun to bed and dance out in the rain Dance out dance out dance out dance out in the rain
She’d excite us with his legend that the Africans had told About a red iguana who turned lava into gold We’d mount an expedition headin’ out into the bay Superstitious children playing pirate for a day
Off to see the lizard Off to see the lizard Deja deja deja vu, believe itAnd it will come true Veja Veja Veja du What works for me might work for you
Bein’ rich and famous seems to have its ups and downs That’s the price you pay for being troubadours and clowns Godzilla’s halitosis it be vaporizing cars Elvis up in Michigan or maybe out on Mars Dance out dance out dance out to the stars But livin’ in the briar patch ain’t what it appears Sooner or later you gotta face your fears I heard it from the parrot verbalizing in the treeI heard it in the song lines of the aborigine
Off the see the lizardOff the see the lizard Deja deja deja vu, believe it And it will come trueVeja veja veja du What works for me might work for you
Does it work for me? Yeah yeah Will it work for you?Yeah yeah If you believe it will Yeah yeah It will come true
I got problems with my brain underneath my curls Problems with Loraine and all the other girls Love a wealthy woman and the pretty plane she flies If you think this songs confusing you should see it through my eyes Dancin, dancin, dancin through my eyes
I’m turning off the waterfall the tourists can go home Feel it time to travel time to write a poem Time to seek some therapy I’m goin’ walkabout Answers are the easy part questions raise the doubt
Off the see the lizard Off to see the lizard Deja deja deja vu, believe it And it will come true Veja veja veja duWhat works for me might work for you
Deja deja deja vu, believe it And it will come trueVeja veja veja du What works for me might work for you

Just like the mythical the mythical red iguana who turned lava into gold, I am searching for some mythical power that will change this string of bad luck into gold. After a day like today, it is recommended by this pirate to take a walkabout. Being able to clear your head is important in searching for the treasure. Time for travel or time to write a poem. Both would be great right now. Moreover, just simply having TIME would be golden. The events of today are the kind that make you want to seek some therapy. Deja Vu.

Turning off the waterfalls so the tourists can go home would be nice. Having the port to myself would be even better. This post might be confusing but that's what it's all about!
What this song gives is simple. If you believe it then it will come true. Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment