Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lucky Stars 9/12/09

It took another but kicking last night to make to realize the next song I wanted to write about. Now grant it I might be suffering from a concussion from having a door slammed on my head by the opposing crew and severe sleep deprivation but I think this weird weather has gotten to me.

And let's face it. Anyone who can remember that doleful day with the terrorist attacks can relate to this song. It's a theory some of my best friends live by. Though every thing in the world seems to be negative, they strive to be as positive as possible. They certainly have thanked their lucky stars.

Woke up just the other day Fell out of bed and my dog ran away The car won’t start and the weather was cold and gray I got stuck in a traffic jam My major meeting didn’t go as I planned Looks like it’s gonna be another one of those daysI got a roof over my head Someone to love me in a four poster bed And I can play this here guitarI thank my lucky stars Politicians speak and it makes me ill People are dyin’ just for a thrill Maybe it’s just evolution gone astray The climate’s too hot, music’s gotten cold I’ve livin’ like a health nut but I still grow old You do what you can on the edge of the Milky Way Got a roof over my head Someone to love me in a four poster bed And I can play this here guitarGonna thank my lucky starsWrapped up in the problems of the dayJust remember there’s no rewind and no replay Don’t you worry cause it ain’t gonna fix a thing Woke up just the other day Thought that maybe I’d be OK Cause the story I’ve been getting Ain’t written anywhere Got a roof over my head Someone to love me in a four poster bed And I can play this here guitar Gonna thank my lucky stars Got a roof over my head Someone to love me in a four poster bed And I can play this here guitarI thank my lucky stars Gonna thank my lucky stars Thank you stars

When times are like they are right now, difficult time at work, the future looks bleak and no sign of calming waters anytime soon, you should thank your lucky stars. It's when you have nothing to be thankful for that times are difficult.

It took coming home at 4 am from an ass beating and being greeted by two loving companions that were so excited to see me they wouldn't let me sleep. Instead of being mad, I am thankful that they help me see the reality that losing isn't that bad; that you may despise people you work with, what is going on at work but there is more to the overall journey than work.

Whether you are in a hammock with your toes in the sand, an ice cold drink in your hand or if you are in the gray skies of the midwest no where near the beach or the water, it doesn't matter. If you can find one thing in life that makes you happy, than you have the ability to thank your lucky stars.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about those lucky stars... I just happened to find mine while sitting here in the living room watching corny cartoons with my awesome little kiddo! Life is good.

    Glad your two pups, helped you see the bright side... just a couple more months and it will be over with... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "Gunny" is always there for me........happy as can be. I feel guilty sometimes when I do come home, and want to just chill after a difficult day....and all he wants to do is play. It definitely helps you change your focus....on what is more important.

    ReplyDelete