Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nobody from Nowhere 12/12/09

After a very long hiatus, I am feeling the need to once again pull anchor and set sail. Numerous reasons have kept me from this passion of mine however, once again that beacon of light, Mr. James Buffett, has brought me back yet one more time, Coincidentally with the release of his new album Buffet Hotel. Giving this Pirate even more to write about.

’m nobody from nowhere You’d have ever heard of anyway Ain’t no city way down there You could have heard a pin drop Any time of day. But I’m not sorry I’m not sad Tho it might take a whole day Just to drive down there and visit Not to worry Not too bad Nothin much to do But that ain’t such a hardship really is it? When you’re waiting for a car to drive by Just so you can wave “Hello” “Hello” “Hello” Staring at a starry night sky Dreaming up some place to go, to go, to go ’til that day comes I’ll be here alone without a care Nobody, nobody from nowhere. I’m nobody from nowhere You’d have ever heard of anyhow Ain’t no reason You should care There’s a P. O. box and a 4-way stop farms and fields and cows We’re just waiting for a car to drive by Just so you can wave hello hello hello hello Staring at a starry night sky Dreaming up some place to go, to go, to go, to go ’til that day comes I’ll be there alone without a care Nobody, nobody from nowhere. Ahh, we’re Waiting for a car to drive by Just so I can wave hello… hello… hello… hello. Staring at a starry night sky Dreaming of some place to go to go to go ’til that day comes I’ll be there alone without a care Nobody, nobody from nowhere Nobody, nobody from nowhere

This song could have been written about my homeport! Among the numerous connections I can make with this song, including but not limited to the line waiting for a car to drive by just to wave hello. The song reminds me of times back in good ole Carey and all the other little towns around their that I called home. In addition, it makes me miss my father, the whole NOBODY aspect. I really don't want to get into that inside joke, but mom I think you know what I mean.

I would have never guessed a Buffett song would make me want to go back to the Midwest, considering most of his songs made me want to pull anchor and get to the water as fast as I could. Not having written in my log for several months has made me a bit rusty. I know I have been distracted by the real world and all my responsibilities to it. So distracted that I have neglected my search, my passion. Although I will say, I was surprised to find an old passion renewed.

But still the search for the treasure of my life continues. It's time for me to dust off my Captain's hat, take the helm, and set sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment